Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

'ME' Time

I went to the movies alone today. I've been meaning to catch up on my movies and since there's a new girl working in the shop, I haven't been called back to work and thought this would be my opportunity. I awoke this morning having seconds thoughts, but in the end, the movie won. I got dressed and made my way to the mall to catch the earliest movie so that I would have time to shop later. I got there in time to watch Hitch. Good movie...lots of laughs and lots of lessons for men when it comes to dating a woman. The most valuable lesson learnt is that we need to 'LISTEN' and 'PAY ATTENTION'.

My friend asked me how I could watch a movie all by my lonesome self...in reality, I don't find that the most appealing idea but I've come to like the fact that it is 'ME' time for me. It's a time for me to be alone with my thoughts. It's weird but I actually like the idea of walking into a cinema all by myself and sitting there with no one talking to me...it's just me and thoughts until the movie starts. What I like most is that it's really quiet because people usually tend to talk in hush tones once they're inside. It's weird...but it's nice...it's peaceful...it's just me and thoughts.

I like this 'ME' time...but today, sitting there all by myself, I felt alone. The loneliness was powerful. I looked around and found that there were mostly young couples...that made me feel even more alone. I was jobless and without someone to call my own. I suddenly felt that my life wasn't as fabulous as I thought it to be...I felt pathetic.

Don't get me wrong...I still like the idea of 'ME' time in the cinema...but today, it was a little different.

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely your're NOT alone. Remember the supernatural family u were called to belong. And remember that all lives in the eyes of God are unique. So cheer up, hold your head up high and let the peace of God reign in your life!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home