Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

STOOD UP!

Just when you think that you're never gonna get a phone call from a certain person, this person surprises you. That's what happened to me and Jack In The Box. I have already given up hope that he would call me instead of me calling him...what's worse is that his phone's software has got problems so that diminishes the the hope of even getting a text message.

But at exactly 1.25 a.m. on Monday or should I Tuesday, my phone is ringing in my ears and I haven't heard it ring at that hour in a long time...checking to see who it is, I find that the number is a private one...just my luck. I answer, and guess who's voice should I hear...His...the only voice that can make me feel sexy while I"m half asleep. I awoke immediately.

His uncle was kind enough to loan the phone and the line to him and so he thought to call me. It had been ages since getting calls from him at that hour so I was excited. I felt the rush of a 15 year old girl having her first crush!

We talked, lots of emotions came up and things that I had been dying to say came out...I apologized for all the times I broke his heart and played him out and told him that nothing would be perfect but that he had my word that I wasn't gonna run this time. On his side, he confessed that he did think of me and that he cared but thanks to a certain girl by the name of Ms. B (which she was even at 17), he felt that he could never commit to another girl. And here I thought I had broke his heart bad but it looks like the girl he went out with after me was the one that screwed him up bad.

Anyway, we made plans to see each other the next day at 11 for a movie. I was thrilled. I had to keep reminding myself that I was 24 and not 15.

I got to the mall at 11, I waited, waited and waited. He never showed. I thought that maybe he woke up late or something and would be on the way...but 1 hour later, there was still no sign. I sat on those benches feeling angry, disappointed, jilted and most of all, like a fool. I wouldn't have felt that way if there was an explanation for not showing up. I mean, the least he could have done was call. If he cared, then why didn't he do it...so the mobile phone doesn't work...but there are payphones and house phones..so why was it so hard to even make a 5 minute call?

He still hasn't call to even apologize but that, I can live without...What I can't stand is that I'm worried sick about him. Maybe something happened to him that he coudln't get to a phone...Maybe he....There are a whole lot of maybe's that one could come up with but that's besides the point...the point is...he should have called to let me know that he's ok. It's the only right thing to do.

To anyone and everyone out there...never leave your loved ones wondering about your well being when you don't turn up as promised...have the courtesy to at least call and assure them that you're alright.

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now I know why my mum always sounded me for not calling back to update her on my status.
But the situation is definitely diff for you.
In any case, may the peace of the Lord be with u and have a great week ahead!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home