Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Cynical??

A friend commented on my dreaminess about relationships with fairy tale endings just a while ago..in his cynical ways...he made me look at it from another point of view...his view...(no offence Will, u are cynical but love u all the same) It got me thinking about how we view relationships and looking for the ONE.

After failed relationships and taking time to heal, I have to agree with Will that I too have become cynical. I may not portray it here but I have. Even my friends tell me that I'm too cynical for my own good. But I think about it and I find that I have every right to feel the way Will feels. He's had his fair share of bad relationships and I too have had my share of tears.

True, Carrie and friends all find love at the end of season 6 but what about the episodes that talk about them having to deal with relationship failure. Isn't that somehow real to us? I mean, take the whole ending with Aidan. Yes, it did seem a little fast for Carrie to move on but she did grieve for a while. What about the time she broke up with Mr. Big? There was some emotion in there.

I agree that being cynical helps with self-preservation but one must have some hope and faith that that person is out there....maybe we're just looking too hard. I have become cynical in some ways, I don't deny it...I find myself pulling myself away all the time...but I have faith....

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home