Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Single Awareness Day

From the time I could understand what Valentine's day was about, that was the time I decided that I would not succumb to this worldly celebration of supposed 'love'.

I won't beat around the bush but I'll give you the reasons straight away as to why I'm not a fan nor do I encourage it. Yes, it is true that Valentine's is actually to commemorate St. Valentine who was about love, but this world has made this day into a day that is meant for money making.

I'll put it nice and simply. There are 365 days for you to tell the people in your life that you love them. why only tell them today? There are 364 days (excluding today) where restaurants are not fully booked or have not raised their prices, why pick today to have a meal? There are 364 days (again excluding today) where flowers are sold at decent prices, why buy them on a day where they are sold 5x their original price? Why succumb to the exhorbitant price we have to pay just to celebrate today? Why insist that your boyfriend/girlfriend spend so much when he/she could be saving for your future together (if you're meant to be).

Instead of paying so much for all these things, why not surprise your loved one on any other day out of the blue and make them feel even more special. For me, I'd rather be surprised by receiving flowers at the office out of the blue and let the rest of my colleagues or friends wish they had my boyfriend. So the man of my future, please take note of this...otherwise, girl friends, please take note and remind him in the future.

I was reading TMT's blog just now and he came up with an even better idea for today. Single Awareness Day. If you're single, then today would be your day to be thankful for the freedom you have to do whatever you want. Today would be your day to be thankful you dont have to go through this whole money making scam. Today would be your day to be thankful that you dont have to go through the toils and snares of failed love. Here's a good one, today you be thankful that you don't to argue about who's gonna pay for the expensive dinner!

Call me single or cynical...so what....I'm happy I don't have to worry about today. I'm even happier, because TMT is right....of all the relationships or so called ones that I've had, I'm glad that my Father in Heaven is still the one consistent in my life.

Happy Single Awareness Day to TMT and to everyone!

ps: TMT, thanks for a new view of today.

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home