Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Friday, January 20, 2006

I Am

The past week has been an experience that has humbled me in many ways especially when it comes to trusting God Himself. I thought I was strong, but I realized that in His eyes, I am still a child. But it is at this time that I found another song by Nichole Nordeman that put this week into picture for me and puts all glory to His name. The song is called "I Am".

Pencil marks on a wall I wasn't always this tall,
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed,
You watched my team win,
You watched my team lose,
You watched when my bicycle went down again,

CHORUS:
And When I was weak unable to speak,
still I could call You by name,
and I said “Elbow healer, Superhero,come if You can,�
and You said “I am�

Only 16, life is so mean,
what kind of curfew is at 10pm
You saw my mistakes, You watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I’d never love again

CHORUS:
When I was weak, unable to speak,
still I could call You by name,
and I said “Heart-ache Healer, Secret-keeper,be my Best Friend�
and You said “I am�

You saw me wear white, by pale candlelight,
I said forever to what lies ahead
two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream
too much it might seem when it’s 2am

CHORUS:
when I am weak, unable to speak,
still I will call You by name.
“Oh Shepherd, Savior, Pasture-maker,hold on to my hand,�
and You say “I am.�

The winds of change,
And circumstance blow in and all around
us so we find a foothold that’s familiar,
And bless the moments that we feel You nearer

Life had begun, I was woven and spun,
You let the angels dance around the throne,
who can say when, But they’ll dance again,
when I am free and finally headed home

CHORUS:
I will be weak, unable to speak,
still I will call You by name
“Creator, Maker, Life-sustainer,
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer,
Lord and King, Beginning and the End,
I am, yes, I am.�

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

wow, that's a beautiful song. too bad I can't hear the tune to it. u mind if i steal the lyrics and post it up on my blog? thanks!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home