Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Match.com??

I've been single for quite a while now. My 'almost' didn't happen and so I am to move again. Recently, my colleagues have been teasing me about how I should maybe start dating our client as he's still single and it would probably make everyone's life much easier. Not that I have anything against the guy but PUH-LEASE...there is no way I could date someone like him *andrea makes the 'eew' face* SO SALAH man!!!

But this has led me to think about how single women around the world are putting themselves in the game by trying out these match making websites. Now...I'm not one to support these websites because I deeply believe that I can find a man on my own. Also, the thought of putting myself on a website is like putting myself up for sale or something...only to be bought by some sleazy guy who just wants to get in my pants. And on top of that, no matter how honest you are with putting a real picture of yourself, you can never be too sure that the opposite sex has done the same.

I've thought about it. I've thought about looking through all of my friend's friendster or facebook friends to see if there could be a potential single guy that could be just right for me to date. I've even thought of joining match.com to see if I can maybe snag myself a few dates..maybe hoping that not all the men on match.com are sleazy and horny as I think them to be. But fear becomes of me. I dare not put myself in that game because I fear of what the world may think of me..more importantly, what I may think of myself. I think it's also an issue of self esteem, that I may not be as pretty or as supermodel thin as the world would like me to be.

The more I think about it, the more I understand why I may always have a wall in front of me when I go out with the girls. I refuse to put myself in the game because I'm not very proud or confident of the way I look. I want to date again..but how will I do so with my cynicism, insecurities and fear of rejection?

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Isabel G said...

Start with learning how to love yourself, BOTH flaw and strength...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home