Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Penang

The family took a little vacation over the weekend to Penang to take a break and also to celebrate my dad's birthday. We did all the touristy things. I finally got a chance to go on the tram ride up Penang Hill. So ulu rite? 26 years old and I still haven't been up Penang Hill. We took a long walk in Batu Feringgi's night market and here's the best of all...we found the hotel my parents stayed at for their honeymoon!!! After 42 years, the little hotel is still there :)

We stayed at Gurney and I have to say, for the years that I have not been there...the place is quite happening. There were a few clubs in the area and even on a Sunday night, Penangites know how to party.

We took my dad to this new posh hotel that just opened 6 months ago. It's called G Hotel. Very chic and expensive looking but here's the good news, it's actually not. Buffet dinner is only RM50++ and room rates for the supposed 4 or 5 star hotel is RM210 for standard room. Not too bad. Must make mental note to take a trip to Penang and stay at that hotel.

All in all, it was a good trip for the family.

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home