Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Monday, November 10, 2008

Let Go & Let God

I don't want to talk too much about my recent homecoming with God for fear that things may turn the opposite in just a split second. My spirit is fragile and I am still rebelling but yet I know I must struggle to journey the road less travelled.

Anyway, God never ceases to amaze me especially in the more recent times of my life. The first week I reconciled with God, I rebelled against him. He taught me my first lesson with Jack In The Box. I will not detail it here as it is something of the past now and I do not want to remember that strange situation that I was put into. God's first lesson for me was 'let go and let God'. I needed to stop trying to take control and he taught me just that with this messy situation. It was also time for me to realize that Jack In The Box was a chapter I needed to close for good. Dear readers, Jack In The Box is now officially deleted from this blog, my phonebook and my life.

The next thing I needed to learn was to let go of people that were not in-sync with His plan for me i.e. Vainpot. My prayer was that if this person or relationship was not mine to be, then for him to take away the thoughts of wanting anything with this person. God did just that.

I still think of Vainpot...wait...but not in that way anymore. I think of him because I pray for a friend to come to know my Saviour the way I know Him. And that's the story for the day.

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger HobbiT said...

*hugs*
i'm proud of u, babe.
it's hard to let go of stuff. esp stuff that has affected us deeply.
may the grace of our Lord be with you as you journey with Him.

3:37 PM  
Blogger sMelissa said...

woohoo !
may you continue to grow in the knowledge of God our Creator and Christ our Saviour.

: )

11:51 PM  
Blogger Janning said...

wow. that is so good to hear! i know how hard it is. and it's very encouraging to me too! =) keep up the good work and always hold on to HIM. =) it's the best thing to do and you'll never regret. =)

1:21 AM  
Blogger misscurlz said...

hi andrea!

it's been a while since we chatted properly (and the blame is probably mine!)

Praise God that you've come back to him and repented of your ways. In fact, praise God that Christ has reconciled all of us to God, despite our active rebellion.

I pray God will give you strength to keep going. In fact, I am certain you will keep going for Romans 8:30 says

"And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."

But Paul puts my own prayer in exactly the right way, in Phillipians 1: 3-4:

"3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home