Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Jack in the Box

I'm in college waiting for my next class and I can't help but feel this uneasy feeling in me about a certain someone. My ex ( we'll call him 'jack in the box') and I did not break up in the best terms but we're still friends today. I've always kept a soft spot for him and that has caused me to have a on and off thing with him.

Now my problem is that there is a girl in my class who works in the bar that he frequents and somehow I got this feeling that she considered him more than just adorable. I know I shouldn't feel this way because we are a thing in the past but is it possible to have feelings of possesiveness towards someone you've known for a while. I mean, she's only known him for like 5 minutes but he and I go a long way back and we have history...On some days I'm happy that our relationship never continued but there are times when I miss him and when I call him to let him know that, he doesn't seem to care. It's like he's become this whole new different person altogether...he's not the same guy who used to call me to pester me to go out with him or the guy who used to call me and stay on the line listening to me typing my assignment. From looking for a girl he could love, he's become the guy who just wants a one night stand. That's why I call him 'Jack in the Box' because a whole new side has popped up and I don't seem to know how to handle this new side.

Sometimes I feel like crying at the fact that he's not the guy I used to know. It scares me that I've lost a guy to a lost world. If only he would realize that he is worth it. If only he would realize that there are people who care about him and still love him. More importantly, if only he would realize that like me, he is a jar of clay that needs God's potter hands to mould him.

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home