Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Friday, June 10, 2005

A Beautiful Wonder

The latest comment posted on my blog...."No new posts??"Haha.....Erin, I do apologize for not updating...but these past two weeks have been crazy for me.
Between the launch of this youth Cancer programme and other things happening, I have failed to find the time to sit down and put my thoughts down.
With the thought of unemployment in my head, I have found that I have slowly lost all optimism and confidence. I have stopped to question myself again and again about my self worth.
But a beautiful wonder happened to me on Friday (3/6/2005). As I finished with the launch and hurried home to pack for a mission trip to Johor, all I could think was "how am I going to survive the trip in my condition?" I didn't have enough sleep and my body was just crying exhaution. But I willed myself into church at 8pm for corporate prayer eventhough I was ready to drop. It's a good thing that I did....because here's what happened....
Amongst the group of youths present, I was the only one going to Johor, so I was called to be the representative for the group and was prayed for. When Aunty Raji, started to pray...there was total diversion...she didn't pray for the trip...she started praying for me personally...And this message came as she prayed for me.."Do not worry about your current situation. Just learn relax and leave everything to God."
When I heard that, I just stood there and tears started to form...I had never received such a message before...You're probably thinking that she gave me that message because she knows my situation...but mind you my dear friend, she has no idea that I'm having the problems that I'm having. I knew there and then that it was a personal message from God telling me to stop being a silly girl and to start trusting him.
Tears still well up each time I think of that message because it tells me that my heavenly Father is real and knows what I'm going through and that I'm not alone in this...
To all believers in Christ, if you are going through a rough patch in you life and you're starting to lose hope, just know that He is there.

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

Great to hear you had a face-to-face moment with God there. Isn't it wonderful how He just knows EVERYTHING? how He knows all we've prayed for or thought of? I stand amazed... hope you had a superb mision trip! Miss you, gal! MUAKS!

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We are pressed on every side by troubles,
but we are not crushed and broken.
We are perplexed,
but we don't give up and quit.
We are hunted down,
but God never abandon us.
We get knocked down,
but we get up again and keep going.

MISS YOU!
SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! ;0)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home