Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Phobia

I came to realization and admitted my biggest phobia out loud yesterday. I am afraid of going to a foreign place alone.

When going out to eat and I arrive the earliest, I'm usually asked to get a table first but I try not to. So what I usually do is try to arrive a little later than the agreed time or wait in the car.

The funny thing is, I'd rather go shopping alone anytime. But I usually avoid eating at the mall if I'm shopping alone. If I do so have to eat, then a magazine is in order first so that I look busy while I'm eating.

I cannot for the life of me understand this phobia but i absolutely fear it. I think it's the constant stares of people when you're alone that have made me like this. The idea of walking into a foreign place with lots of people and them staring at me as I enter horrifies me big time! I think it boils down to the fact that I don't really wanna be alone. As it is, I'm going everywhere alone.

So yeah, there you go...that's my biggest fear.

I wrote this because I realize my blog very neglected but not like anyone reads it anymore anyway.

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

heh not just u ok. i oso don't like to wait at tables alone. Something weird about it, then u get asked that horrible question, "Table for one?". Same about shopping, best done alone.

Anyway, i still read your blog =P I bet lots of ppl do, just that they don't leave comments maybe.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Janning said...

who said nobody reads your blog? i always did! and still do! and i totally understand this phobia of yours cuz i'm exactly the same! hehe. even in the apartment in jalil, when i eat meals alone..i pretend i'm reading something or just read through my smses. just to look 'busy'. loneliness..is what i fear most too. aihz. =/ you're not alone. cheer up ya! =) you still have so many people around you who really cares! =) hugs.

12:03 AM  
Blogger HobbiT said...

ahahah. join the club, babe. trust me, i HATE eating alone. I'll buy something to eat while walking. =p But i guess it comes down to being comfortable being in your own skin. being alone. But then again, no man is an island. we ARE social beings after all. =) maybe it's the ppl who are ok being alone all the time that are the weirdos. not us. =p

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think hobbit hit the nail on its head: a question of how secure we feel about ourselves. Ppl aren't bothered about other ppl who are eating alone. Granted it's always nicer to share a meal with someone but we should not be feeling afraid of or insecure when eating alone.

Might also be because of the media-saturated world we've grown up in such that we are no longer comfortable with temporary quietness or being by ourselves. We've developed a need for constant distraction/occupation.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home