Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dedication To The Unborn

This post is dedicated to a sister whom I may not always agree on things with but will always love her dearly for she holds a place close to my heart.

She announced to me the other day that she was pregnant. At the point of announcement, it came as a shock for me. Not positive, but a negative one for me. The reasons for a negative reaction I will not say but it overwhelmed me that I cut our conversation short because my heart could not take it. I know I should not have reacted the way I did and to this day, I wonder why I reacted the way I did.

She confronted me about this like she always does when something's wrong and with whatever defence I had in me, I fought back like I always do. It ended with us being angry with each other and we haven't spoken since. This is my attempt to make peace with her.

Yes, it does go against my beliefs and principles. I will not deny that and I will not be denied of it. I admit, the feeling of being safe is always easiest for me. Hearing your news brings me back to the time my brother finally told me that he had had a child without the knowledge of his family. It angered me when he told me. It felt like deja vu. The same feelings I had for you when you told me. I had judged you in my mind and I am sorry.

I did not stop loving my brother when he broke the news to me and like him, I have not stopped loving you as my sister and my friend. No matter how angry or disappointed I am with you, please know that I was never going to let you stand alone. I will always try to support you and you should know that by now. I am sorry and I love you my sister. You will make a wonderful mother.

By the way, Aunty Andrea is planning to buy little booties for him/her :)

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"No matter how angry or disappointed I am with you.." Just out curiousity, in which stand that should you feel disappointed with her?

Is she personal choice under your supervision? Or is she praticing irreponsible sex with some unknown guy she got to know from a bar, and got pregnant when she is still in high school when she is 16?

And could you elaborate further HOW she case related to your brother's?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

darling i think u are confused and your brother's experience have distorted your views of people having children!!

U might need to re-evaluate this, then maybe, u can understand why ur friend disagree with u about how u feel for her situation!!

just saying u are going to be there to support her, it seems insincere.... i think u need to come to terms with it n understand it fully before u can be there for someone !

i hope u n your friend work things out ! cheers !

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home