Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Friday, January 02, 2009

The End Of An Era

First of all, I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! The old is now the past and the new is the future to look forward to.

2008 was an interesting year for me. I was at my heaviest weight ever and decided enough was enough and made the decision that I've not regretted. I lost a total of 14kg by the end of the year and down to 1 dress size less. This tranformation is still a work in progress and so it will continue.
My biggest struggle for the year was when my spiritual walk hit rock bottom. I did things that I should not have done and tested God's patience in every way I could. But our God is an awesome and merciful God. He was patient and brought me back on the road less travelled but one that is travelled with Him. My greatest lesson is to "Let Go, and Let God".

The year 2008 was also a year of giving up and moving on. Part of my lesson in letting go and letting God was to give up a certain person in my life. This person is Jack In The Box. He had quite a role to play in my life and in making me realize that not everyone you meet in life will be good for you. Yet a another big decision to make, it was time to move on. I did and with no regrets.

NeighbourlyLeeLian also announced that she would be moving away from our neighbourhood. Definitely a very shocking announcement that had both of us in tears. After 27 years of living on the same street, my neighbour was finally moving away. It's the end of an era but not the end of a childhood friendship.

This post also marks the end of a chapter in my life. It has been long on my mind and so I finally made the decision to close my blog for good. I have not regretted putting my life out there for everyone to see while it lasted. For me, it was a time of experimentation of technology, opening a part of myself that I very often hide and more importantly, it was sharing my life with you.

I would like to take this time to thank YOU for taking the time to pop by my blog and for taking the time to pen down your thoughts whenever you did. This blog has meant much to me and so I will be making a hard copy of it along with your comments as my way of cherishing this chapter of my life. Maybe I'll come back someday when its time to open another chapter.

Farewell to you my friends, this is AndreaLingLing, signing off for the last time.

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger misscurlz said...

hey andrea! how cool! you're making a book out of it :D excellent idea!!

it is indeed the end of an era... let's see what the new era holds for us ;)

luv u, xxx

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRY CRY CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so gonna miss you!!!!!!!!!!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home