Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Knowing God

This morning, it's quiet and peaceful with nothing to do as most of my work is done. I'm sitting at my table looking back at time gone by.
I remembered this conversation I had with a girl friend on MSN the other day and she told me how she felt depressed because her instincts were telling her that she was losing her boyfriend, the one person at this point in time that trully understands her.
I struggled to understand her and in my heart, I couldn't help but feel like telling her that if her instincts were strong, then she should just move on. She went on about how she felt God was punishing her and that God had left her. I continued to struggle as I continued to listen to her. Then like a lightning bolt, God hit me on the head and said, "You were once like that."
Oops...yes Lord, I was once like that. I am still like that sometimes. When I drive home alone at night, I sometimes blame God for my singleness.
But as each day passes, I am learning that God is right in every way. We need to let him decide for us what is best for our lives because the more we move away from him, the more our life seems to go the wrong way.
Cyn came to me the other day with a dilemma that I will not divulge. That moment, God spoke to me through her problem. He made me see that waiting, is the best for me now. That being patient is a virtue he values. That taking a stand for what we Christians believe, is always the high way but also most dangerous one. That compromise in not equally yoked relationships leads us to the fall ever so slowly.
Knowing these lessons, I am grateful. I have more to learn but going God's way, is the only way.

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. Finally I see the girl in you have grown up. I would say matured. I know at most times it is not easy to do what we Christian ought to be doing. But remember, we have to hold on to God and he will show us the right way. Yes, we might be very impatient but He knows what is the best for us. PatientS my dear and God Bless.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

who are u talking about =P

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regardless of who she's talking about......WAKE UP, girl!!!

Putting your trust in Jesus will be the best thing that ever happened to you, if only really, really let Him do so. Your life will be more straighten out and your choices in life will widen up under Him.

He always keep His promises for and to you, only if you stay obedient to His words.

BTW Ling-ling, God does have great plans for ye, He be testing on your patience and trust.

God bless.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm real proud of u. We've all been rooting for you. Sometimes, no matter what anyone tells you, in the end, you really have to realize things for yourself. I'm glad that God has spoken to your heart.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Dawn G said...

Girl.. I agree with you.. been in those shoes.. actually still am... right now in the predicament.. where patience will hopefully be rewarding. Trust in the Lord.. I'm leaving it in his hands.

12:06 AM  
Blogger fiona said...

*HUGS*

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home