Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Monday, September 18, 2006

Farewell, Jack In The Box

I've never been one to say that God has a weird sense of humour. But today, I will say it. "God, you have a really weird sense of humour!"

I always thought that I would be ready to face my closure with Jack In The Box when the time came to do so. But, I wasn't ready at all.

On Friday, I went out with Pearly Pearl to catch You, Me & Dupree since we were both bumming. As the lights turned on when the movie ended, I happen to glance around and I saw this familiar face. I looked again, and there he was....my Jack In The Box.

It felt like seeing a ghost. I think he probably felt the same way too judging from his face. He just stared and I stared right back, my memories of him came flooding back. I thought he would smile, but instead, he just turned away like he didn't know who I was and turn to look at his new girlfriend.

It wasn't so much of the fact that he had moved on while standing me up at the last date. It was the fact that he pretended not to recognize me. I know he knew who I was. He knew who I was the minute he laid eyes on me. But when he turned away, that felt like a slap.

So much for being ready for my closure. I wasn't ready, I never was.

But now, as I think about it, I don't feel the urge to cry anymore. I think it's because my heart has been ready to move on for a while now, it just needed the closure. Seeing him that day with someone new, that was my closure to the chapter I had with him. I officially say good bye to you, Jack In The Box. I hope that you are happy wherever you are. I thank you for putting me through pain because it has made me stronger. I'm only sorry that you were not brave enough to end things earlier.

Here's my song to you:

"You'll Think Of Me" by Keith Urban

I woke up early this morning around 4am
With the moon shining bright as headlights on the interstate
I pulled the covers over my head and tried to catch some sleep
But thoughts of us kept keeping me awake
Ever since you found yourself in someone else's arms
I've been tryin' my best to get along
But that's OK
There's nothing left to say, but

Take your records, take your freedom
Take your memories I don't need'em
Take your space and take your reasons
But you'll think of me
And take your cap and leave my sweater
'Cause we have nothing left to weather
In fact I'll feel a whole lot better
But you'll think of me, you'll think of me

I went out driving trying to clear my head
I tried to sweep out all the ruins that my emotions left
I guess I'm feeling just a little tired of this
And all the baggage that seems to still exist
It seems the only blessing I have left to my name
Is not knowing what we could have been
What we should have been

SoTake your records, take your freedom
Take your memories I don't need'em
Take your space and take your reasons
But you'll think of me
And take your cap and leave my sweater
'Cause we have nothing left to weather
In fact I'll feel a whole lot better
But you'll think of me

Someday I'm gonna run across your mind
Don't worry, I'll be fineI'm gonna be alright
While you're sleeping with your pride
Wishing I could hold you tightI'll be over you
And on with my life

So take your records, take your freedom
Take your memories I don't need'em
And take your cap and leave my sweater
'Cause we have nothing left to weather
In fact I'll feel a whole lot better
But you'll think of me
So take your records, take your freedom
Take your memories I don't need'em
Take your space and all your reasons
But you'll think of me
And take your cap and leave my sweater
'Cause we got nothing left to weather
In fact I'll feel a whole lot better
But you'll think of me, you'll think of me

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger HobbiT said...

Hey, hope you're doin alright. I miss you, babe. I hope that this chapter of your life will close soon. Jack In the Box has caused you enough grief as it is. I will pray that you are able to move forward with your head held high. much love.

9:36 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Hey girl...I'm a little sad it ended the way it did but I'm proud to say that I'm ready to move on

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home