Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Lowest

I wrote this poem on Easter Sunday as this was the lowest of my low with God. I'm not one to rhyme my words....but this poem speaks what I really feel and have been feeling for a while now.

I feel emptiness
Emptiness so deep I cannot define the depth
I feel emptiness
A void I cannot fill

I feel lost
Lost that I cannot find the way
I feel lost
Lost that I cannot see the light

I feel broken
Broken to pieces of thousands
I feel broken
Pieces that I cannot mend

I feel these three
My spirit empty, lost and broken
Lord, hold my hand so that I might find the way
Lord, mend me that I may be whole again
Lord, fill my spirit that it may be full again


--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going through the same thing friend. I feel depress all the time now. I can't even see the light now. I used to see a shimmer, a glimpse of hope but now there is nothing. I can't say to you to hang in there because I can't hardly hold on but I'm still praying that everything will go well. At least if there's nothing else to hope or lived for just fix your eyes on JC and lived for HIM.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...i know you feel like no one understands how you feel. and sometimes it's hard for you to trust. to just take the hand that's held out to you. but know that we're here for you. and we're not goin no where. aight?
and based on your previous post, it seems like you know the answers to your own questions. just trust in Him. He's waiting at the door of your heart. you know that He is. All you gotta do is let Him in.
i know, i know. it's all easy to say, not that easy to do. but we're behind you all the way, ok? =) and you are right in taking it slowly. it's a serious decision. nobody is faulting you for it or pressuring you.
but trust that your peace will come from the Lord.

love ya, babe.
God bless.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home