Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Friday, September 22, 2006

Self Image & Self Love

I was telling Isabel the other day how I sometimes hated how I looked. Deep down everyone wants to look like a super model right?? If you asked me what I wanted to change, I'd have a lot!
1) smaller boobs (I hate having to wear a bra all the time)
2) thinner body
3) thinner legs
4) not so sensitive and problematic skin
5) smaller and nicer everything la

But she chastised me for my low self-esteem and reminded me as a Psychology major, that it was my choice to accept and love myself more. And in her recent post on her blog, this is a quote she had for me...

"Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It is about accepting all of yourself. You've got to accept the fool in you as well as the part that's got it going on." (Quoted from Tyra Banks in America's Next Top Model)

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly! listen to tyra! =) don't let me smack you..! will do if u dare hate yourself like that! sheessshh! =)

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God made u just the way u are, in the very image of God. You're beautiful...

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey u're God's masterpiece, with His fingerprints on it. so don't ever hope to look different cuz physical beauty won't last long and at the end of the day, what matters is ur character and ur integrity. and u do look nice the way u look now. =D

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home