Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My Cats

I used to have dogs but then when the last one died a long time back, my mom said 'no more!' So that was the end of of having pets...so I thought. Along the way, I pestered my parents asking them if we could keep fish or even hamsters. But the answer was always 'No'. Though we weren't allowed to have pets anymore, my house was always like the SPCA, cats and dogs always ended up in our house before moving on to another owner.

Then one fine day, I found a kitty under my dad's car. As usual, SPCA was on duty to find a home for this kitty but this kitty never left...he stayed and we named him Troy. But sadly enough, after a year, he went out one day and never came home. It was sad for all of us...

Then a few days after Chinese New Year two years ago, we were at the mamak having dinner and there was this little kitty, my dad got hooked. And my dad is NOT the sort of person who likes cats. But amazingly, he was the one who asked my mom if we could keep it =) And so this little kitty came home and was named Tuffy. About a year ago, a mother cat came to our house and gave birth to three kittens. One of the siblings went to my darling friends Isabel and Al. The other two, insisted by my dad, became ours. We named the mother, May, because she came in May. The only boy became Brown (aka Charlie Brown) and the black little girl became Precious because she was my precious.

Why am I talking about cats?? Well, I feel that even though dogs are considered man's best friend, they don't really have personalities. Cats do. And I'll tell you from experience.

Tuffy (the prince of the house) is the really smart. He is totally human in a cats body. He throws tantrums when he's not in a good mood. He talks back when you talk to him. If he's thirsty, he'll call and he doesn't drink like any other animal, he has to drink from the tap in the bathroom. And just like a baby who needs a pacifier to go to sleep, he sucks on his tail.

May is the mama who sleeps outside because she and the prince cannot get along. But she's a darling...She keeps quiet most of the time and knows just when to come to you for some love. Hates to be carried but loves a cuddlewhen she wants it.

Brown is a real follower. From the time he was a little kitten, he would try and follow Tuffy wherever and try the things that Tuffy does. And when Tuffy bullies him, he just lies there as if in submission to being bullied. Sometimes I think he's really not man enough...But he's my dad's favorite.

Precious...now that is one darling... she's pretends to act scared most of the time...She'll hide in corners just so that you can't see her. She's sneaky as hell....pounces on Tuffy and Brown when they least expect it. Another one that likes to cuddle but only when she wants it...She's a little like Tuffy...she answqrs back when you talk to her...But most of the time, she's a loner.

The reason for this entry is because if you think that cats are just another animal, think again...

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home