Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Friday, March 11, 2005

U.N.E.M.P.L.O.Y.E.D

I'm unemployed...there I said it. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm unemployed! I'm not proud of it and wish I wasn't but it is a fact that I must come to terms with. I must admit that unlike my friends, I have been choosy with the companies that I apply to...I'm not saying that they're not choosy but just not like me...(no pun intended my friends).

I always had in mind a good company that I can grow up in. Somewhere good where my abilities can expand. But of course, in wanting a good company, I failed to realise that most times, experience is needed and I, a fresh grad, have NONE!

I am still working in this hell hole we call 1 Utama. Yes, that's right...the mall. I am still working for the boss who gave me a job when I needed one badly. I could have left a long time ago like my friend Cynthia. As a matter of fact, I actually resigned in January. So why am I still working here? It is out of sympathy and empathy for a boss that has become more of a friend to me. The one thing I like about her is that we can talk and we talk about lots of things...we talk about our relationships and even family. I could have just walked out and look for another part time job somewhere but I know deep down, there will not be another boss like her. So that's one of the reasons for sticking around. I'm tired of the job but at least I'm getting money to suppor myself.

I know that God has plans for me and I know that in His time, he will grant me the job that is most perfect for me. In the mean time, I just have to wait and learn to lean on him, depend on Him and trust him.

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home