Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Monday, August 15, 2005

Being Single

Sometimes, when I look at my girlfriends who are in relationships and I think of the ups and downs that they tell me about..."my boyfriend is into Dota"..."it feels as if I'm doing all the work"...he wants to focus on his career"....I can't help but feel relieved that I'm not in one. It's funny....men are always questioning why we women behave the way we do but the thing is, some guys act like girls...So why is it so hard to figure us out?
But though I feel relieved that I don't have to put up with my guy's addiction to PS 2, there is still a longing inside of me that wants to feel the happy tinggles of a relationship. I'm not complaining that I'm not happy being single but there are times when that feeling just arises. I think it surfaces even more often when I'm not out with my friends.
You see, most...well more like practically all my girlfriends are attached to someone at this time of their lives...gone are our single days of going out and having a good time. And it dawned on me that even though I'm still young and there's still time, I don't have the freedom to call them up to go dancing because they're bound to have plans...usually involving their boyfriends. Of course it feels nice if they asked me to come along...but I always end up feeling like the wild flower at the end...
Take last Saturday for instance, instead of getting dressed in the evening to go out, I stayed in my comfy boxers and and old t-shirt to watch old vcd's alone. How fun...To make things worse, I went to bed at 10.30 because there was nothing else for me to do. Instead of feeling single and fabulous, I felt old and alone. And as much as I have forced myself to not think of Jack In The Box, I have and I did. I missed the tingles that he gave me from just saying 'hello'.
I made a joke out my situation with my girlfriends yesterday because they caught me oggling my dance teacher....I said,"while others are making a choice to fast and give up relationships to be single, I'm in a famine....so give me a break...
Though I'm in a famine, please don't send me anonymous advertisements to introduce me to some dating service....

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home