Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Monday, September 05, 2005

Seeing 'Him'

Just as I thought that I would get through my rough patch this weekend, knowing full well that God is in charge, "it" had to happen.
I was having lunch at Nando's on Sunday with my friends...I was happy and I wasn't distracted at all...just tired. But being the person that I am, I tend to look around even while eating...and there 'he' was...
I didn't wanna believe that it was Jack In The Box but it was. Put on a bit of weight but still the same...still looking like the teddy bear he used to be. I sat there just staring at him, not knwing if I should get up and walk over to say hi or just continue to sit where I was. I did the latter in the end. He didn't look my way...I half expected a girl to appear from nowhere but no...he was alone, with his dad.
That image of him standing there, haunted me for the rest of lunch and the rest of the day. I've always wondered how I would react when I did see him. I thought I would appear to be confident of myself and that I would not feel anything...But I did. I had mixed emotion and my insides tied in knots. I longed for him to pass by again or for me to bump into him.
Breakdance class just seemed like a chore after that because my mind was just haunted by him over and over again. I won't look back at the past...but seeing him made me think of us again.
To Jack In The Box, I do hope you are well and seeing you yesterday, reminded me that at the end of the day, you have a special place in my heart.

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home