Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Thursday, December 07, 2006

In Remembrance Of Rubin Tan


A week ago, I heard from Hobbit that a college mate of ours was in critical condition after his kidney transplant surgery failed. My heart started to panic....today, while catching up with another ex-college mate, she informed me that Rubin had passed away about 2 days ago...the shock was overwhelming. He was only 20.

I remember meeting Rubin in early 2004 when he first came into college and joined the publication department of the Psychology Club. He was cheerful and eager to help. His exterior showed a tough guy but when he smiled, he was the warmest person. It's sad that I never really got to know Rubin personally as I was already in my last year. But I do remember him for for having a very good memory because there was this one time I sent Hobbit over to his place to pick something up and he remembered me even though I had not seen him for ages. He was just as friendly and warm as I remembered him.

And today, my heart goes out to his family and his friends, and even though I may not know him well, I cried. I cried for the loss of a another human being, the for loss of a friend that he was to everyone else, for the loss of a sibling or child he was to his family.

It made me realize that life is fragile. Too fragile and too short to just stand around.

To Rubin: May your soul rest in peace wherever you may be...

*Picture courtesy of his Friendster page

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home