Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Gossip Time!

Yeah right!!! Gotcha didn't I! Just as Jack In The Box predicted, here I am to update on how our meeting was last night (andrea smiles and looks around)

We met up at Coffee Bean, BSC. I think I felt a little awkward at first because it had been so long since we've had a drink together. We sat outside so that the man could smoke and I could get out of the cold.

I was saying I felt awkward but as soon as we started talking, it's like the old chemistry came back and soon it was a conversation with ease. It was just like old times except that we had grown older. We spent the evening really catching up, finding out what each had done and gone through in the 2 years that we lost touch.

In all honesty, I had really looked forward to the evening. I was hoping I might feel the same way I use to feel when going out with him seeing as we used to date.

But I realised that in the 2 years, it may not seem like a long time, I have grown up. As I sat there listening to him talk about what he has been doing and what he's gone through, I no longer felt anything remotely close to being in love with him. I am no longer desperate for this man to love me in return. Don't get me wrong, I still do love him, and I know he loves me too but the kind of love I have for him now is different. I now love him as the friend that he used to be. The one I would spends many nights talking and laughing with when I was in college. The one who would tell me to stand up when I fell and the one who used to comfort me when I cried.

As I drove home last night, I came to a conclusion that that is how I want our friendship to continue. There must be a reason for why our paths have crossed again so I want to be there for him when he needs someone to talk to. I want to show him that fighting the good fight is never without its rewards. And I want him to know that for all that I have gone through with him, it has made stronger.

To Jack In The Box: We cannot erase the past. It has happened. But I'm glad we are able to end it with grace and gratitude and yet with a little kindness as well. To new beginnings...

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger mythsn_legends said...

Here's to a new beginning!!! *cheeers*
Glad you found peace within you at last! ;)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! cheers!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home