Love, Life & Other Mysteries

Monday, October 02, 2006

Power Training

Went for training yesterday as usual. We finished our dance routine, learnt battle rock which I thought was quite cool. What was out of the ordinary was our 'power training'! fooyoh...sounds quite the canggih rite..

Power training is just basically strength training. Nicholai (our wonderful trainer) came up with the initial numbers of 200 push ups, 200 sit ups and 200 squats. Well, he wanted us to do 300 of each...but I think he pittied us and cut it down to 200.

I must say that FunkyMonkey Erin and myself did quite well. We each did 100 of each set in 40 minutes. Not bad *andrea gives herself a pat on the back* According to Nicholai, we're considered normal! Wah...I'd hate to know what was considered abnormal man! What's even more funny is that after that, we still had the strength to run through the dance routine a few times!

I love power training because it gives me the sense of becoming stronger physically. I'll whine about the number of push ups or squats I have to do but I'll do it coz there's an adrenaline rush. My legs are currently wobbly and my arms are aching and I can hardly drive or walk the stairs but I'm loving the feeling of feeling my muscles. Ya, call me crazy man, but I'm actually looking forward to next week's session of power training. Nicholai says we're gonna do it every week and increase the numbers each month. Woo Hoo!

This reminds me of what Joel always tells us. He always says that once you can get past the pain, then you would have beaten your pain threshold. Once you can get through your pain threshold, then anything is possible.

And so, even though my abs, arms and thighs are aching like mad, I'm going to the gym later...to work it. Thanks to Nicholai, I've been given the energy boost!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home